Passions

We recently had dinner with friends and I realized once we were back home that I was completely comparing myself to our friend's wife, my husband to her husband, our house to their house.  And I found that I was coming up lacking.

Would I want her husband over mine....NO.  Her job/work schedule over mine...NO. Her house over mine...hmm...ok....maybe.  Why then all the feelings of not measuring up?

I really don't know.  I think sometimes it's just because I feel like I could do better as far as my job.  If I were in a field that I was more passionate about I can't even imagine what I could offer to it!  But shouldn't I offer all that I have to the place that I'm currently in?  And shouldn't I already know what I'm passionate about at this point in my life?  How does one figure that out?  Do most people already just know?  The jealousy over their house...do I love all aspects of it? No.  Do I love the idea that she got to do all the interior decorating on her own and it seemed that she had a healthy budget? YES!

I'm not sure how to go about finding out what I'm passionate about but I'm going to look into it.

Comments

Popular Posts