Why I Hate Humanity/ Change Begins With Me

I love CNN.  My idea of the perfect vacation includes at least one night at a hotel watching CNN for hours on end.

Not this week.

Like so many people, I've been glued to my television set  watching and hearing about senseless killings. These deaths were (seemingly) due to the color of the deceased's skin.  Black men were killed because they were black and white police officers were killed because they were white.

What's wrong with people?  Can we not realize that something is terribly wrong?  Can we not see that we have to do something about this and fast?

The part that tears me up about all of it is that I don't know WHAT to do but I feel that I NEED to do something.  We all do.  To be honest, I'm afraid to go to a protest.  How horrible is that?  I feel that my life would be in danger.

They say that another thing people can do is to start a dialogue to get the issue out there and discussed.  It's so hard to discuss the issue calmly though when the person you're talking with doesn't realize that a problem even  exists.

I believe in the saying that, "Change begins with me."  I need to do my part to spread more positivity to the people that I come in contact with and hope that that encourages others to do the same.

We're better than this America.  We're better than this.

Comments

Popular Posts