Coach, Put Me in the Game (aka): Gotta Have Heart

I had a conversation with my little sister last night who has decided to swear off guys for the foreseeable future. She says she's tired of playing the game, putting herself out there and not finding anyone of interest, or anyone who is interested in her. She likened herself to a football player who has been red-shirted and is actually happy to stay on the bench. I, on the other hand, am that underdeveloped pipsqueak that in all actuality should not be allowed on the field but begs the coach game after game to "just put me in". I take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. The dating world has not been all that good to me but I still respect it and want to draw all that I can from it. My heart has been kicked, crushed and crapped on but the dang thing keeps on beating and holding out hope that there is some random fabulous guy out there just for me. And it's absolutely fine if he's fabulous in no one's eyes but my own. So, put me in coach! I can take it! Please! I may not have what it takes physically but you can't deny that my heart is in the game.

Comments

Popular Posts