One is the loneliest number

...especially when attending a wedding.

One of my best friends got married this weekend and I was in the wedding party. I must pause here to say that she was a goregeous and giddy bride and the guy who married her is a lucky fellow.

Back to me...when atending the wedding rehearsal, feelings of aloneness, though I was surrounded by all of their family, began to surface. And nothing quite hit home on the loneliness scale as walking down that wedding aisle knowing that there was no one waiting for ME at the end of it and that no one was waiting for me back home either. Needless to say there were various teary moments throughout the weekend and various reasons for them. My emotions were on a roller coaster of happy and sad.

Post note: I did catch the bouquet (and yes, my friend did aim it towards me and I evil-eyed any all all fellow contenders). The bouquet is sitting on my coffee table now...in it's vase...alone...staring at me.

Fin

Comments

Popular Posts