Am I the last of the cowboys?

Or should I say cowgals? Ranch hands? Anyway, I'm talking about Facebook. To be honest, I just don't get it. I mean, it's great for keeping tabs on friends from the past and to compare yourself to past enemies and utter, "Uh huh, I see you got yours in the form of thinning hair and a beer gut. Who's the loser now?" Other than that, I see it as just one more thing for people to get upset with you about for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Take my sister for example, she will go into hysterics (so I exagerate a little) if she befriends some random guy and he doesn't return the favor...Really?

And just today I was called out by a former university roomate who befriended me about...oh a year ago...and I haven't done anything about it...Seriously?

It seems everyone is reverting back to kindergarten where we kept a list of all of our friends in our TOP SECRET diary. What? None of you did that? Well...neither did I... (Note to self: ponder childhood self worth)

Fin.

Note: Speaking of university and friends, a good one of mine lost his two year old daughter in an accident over the weekend and they're unsure about whether or not his wife will ever be able to walk again. Please take a minute to say a prayer.

Comments

Popular Posts