Where does the love go?

This sounds like the title of a Sex and the City episode. But I keep asking myself that more and more as I see relationships, marriages, and friendships coming to an end around me. I think it's a good question though. While, admittedly, my heart was broken by he-who-must-not-be-named, I don't think the love(?) I had for him just disappeared.

Transformed into intense dislike and loathing...perhaps.

Still buried deep down somewhere where the light of day will never touch it again...undoubtedly.

Licking it's wounds and praying for a "how do you like me now"moment...most assuredly.

But is this the norm? Can love for an ex-friend or lover ever really disappear? Is it like a well that dries up? Do we all have a love threshold where, once you've passed the threshold, you're in no man's land? Or is love just rereleased out there waiting for the next lucky loser/lover to take hold of it and reach for the stars?

Comments

Popular Posts