Oh say can you see...

So, I was sitting outside (alone) waiting for the Fourth of July fireworks show to start and, as you can probably already tell, feeling a little sorry for myself. Once again I was watching a fireworks show without a special someone to share it with (while lying on a blanket, holding hands, and whispering in wonder over how great the show is. A gal can dream, right?). Well, once the show started the self-pity disappeared. I was so thankful to be experiencing the awesomeness of that moment (whether I was with someone or not). I started thinking about those who fought (and still fight) so hard for the freedoms that so many take for granted. I began wondering what those, who have fought in wars and were watching the light show, were thinking. Whether or not they were so honored to have fought for their country or if they resented what the fight for freedom on behalf of their country took from them (their brothers and sisters in the fight, limbs, their innocence...). I stared to get so emotional and so damn grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts