Girls Night: The Musical


So, I recently traveled with a friend to see Girls Night: The Musical. It...was...horrible! I mean, they had all the makings of what makes up the perfect girls night out - half drunk women partying and looking to have a good time with their girlfriends. You can't go wrong with that. Oh, but they did. The costume designer MUST have been having a girls month out drinking binge that took away all sense of reality as I've never seen such hideous costumes in my life...and exactly what year is this musical supposedly set? No gal in her right mind would be caught dead in half of those outfits!

If you're thinking about going to see this show might I suggest that you read what this critic has to say about the musical (and I honestly think he was being nice). Also note that the actresses he mentions are not the ones that I saw performing in the piece. His must have been better. With that being said, I must still give a shout out to the gal who played Kate. She attempted to actually try and make something of the show. Granted she could not hold up the show all on her own. Claps as well to the gal who played Anita - her half-hearted attempt to bring a little oomph to the show was much appreciated.

To use a song that was in the show as my song of the day: "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" (You won't if you go see this travesty of a musical) - Cyndi Lauper

Comments

Popular Posts