I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I WAS PATHETIC...

(Song of the day: Loser (Beck))

So, we've all heard of those who have diarrhea of the mouth. Urban dictionary defines diarrhea of the mouth as:

"When someone won't STFU and keeps blabbering their inane chatter".

Well diarrhea of the mouth, thy name is Satan's Mistress (this is also what I happen to call my evil she-devil co-worker).

Oh where to start? Here's a place: So, I'm a 27 year old gal in probably one of the MOST boring cities in the South, who like any other 27 year old would love to "just date" or even "find that special someone". Alas fate, destiny, karma (call it what you will) has other ideas.

I get out, I mean just yesterday I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic (which I do not recommend), I've just completed an exercise boot camp(which I do recommend), had a real live date (!) last Wednesday and - for the most part - am satisfied with my life (minus the stubborn 5 lbs I'd love to lose and the fact that the city I live in is less than ideal for a great(and humble) 27 year old such as myself).

That is until Satan's Mistress joined in on the water cooler chat. Today's topic was: Dating in the 09's - Proceed at your own peril. Here is the way the conversation went down:

Georgie (me) - It was nice to actually go on a date. I feel like it's been forever!

Satan's Mistress - No offense Georgie, but I was talking to my daughter the other day and I asked her if she wanted to end up like you , alone at 27 , going home every evening to watch TV.

(RUT RO!)

Georgie - (silence) (silence) (silence) Um...actually I do find that offensive.

Sadly, that's what I (passive aggressive Georgie) said. But in my head I was thinking, "Who the hell does this witch (to be honest in my head I replaced the "w" with a "b") think she is?"

By the way, I think the temperature of the water cooler dropped several degrees and the other women suddenly looked scared. Peering from me to Satan's Mistress. Oh the deep freeze is on. Who knew this was how and when hell would freeze over?!?

Comments

Popular Posts