Buds Over Studs (Hos over Bros)

(Song of the day: Sister, Sisters (Irving Berlin))
(Today is a two-song day: Friend is a four letter word (Cake (again)))

So, I was rocking out to Barbara Streisand (as much as one can actually "rock out" to Barb) and was loving it. Earlier today I was feeling pretty mellow. Nothing was really bothering me, I had no pressing work due dates. Dare I say it? Life...was...good...? Notice the past tense of the previous rambling. That was life pre-phone conversation with my man obsessed sister. There's a new man in her life which makes her forget anything that does not involve him - present blogging sister included. To be honest, it pisses me off. I'm so tired of being the friend (or sister) who is forgotten when someone of the male species approaches a friend (or sister) I was once close to and turns her into someone I no longer recognize. Someone should make a SNAP OUT OF IT spray that we can spritz at our friends(sisters) that returns them to their senses. I'm all about being caught up in the wonder of a great relationship but not when it's to the expense of every single one of your other relationships. Is it impossible to strike a balance?

I have decided that tomorrow is going to be a happy day. No matter what. I'm determined.

Comments

Popular Posts