40 Days and 40 Nights

(Song of the day: Rehab (Amy Winehouse))

So, what to give up for Lent? What? Am I Catholic you ask. Well, no but I think it's a good practice. [Enter list of possible items to give up from blog left]

- Television - Hmmm. Seriously? This would be tough but only because I'm addicted to the Bachelor and the season finale is coming up. Does watching television online count as actual tv? I know, DO NOT PASS GO. GO STRAIGHT TO HELL...I mean JAIL.

-Gossip Rags - This I can do. It's tough but possible. In other words, would this be a little too easy?

-Shopping - Umm....No! Should I just set myself up to fail? Is this not an impossible task? Me thinks so!

-Grudges - See above entry and multiply it by 10. This would be a good one as I am harboring some deep-seated resentment towards a few people from my past (including the guy that brought on what I like to lovingly refer to as the Depression of 2007). I know, bitter much? This one is actually a real contender for Lent.

Now it's possible to take something on for Lent. [Enter new list from blog left]

-Morning devotionals - too easy

Church every Sunday (no skipping!) - Hmmm...a possibility. I just don't like it. There's no wiggle room on this one. I know (in robot voice) I...AM...PATHETIC.

I've got to make a decision rather quickly as today is the start of Lent. Maybe I could give up procrastination, or lists, or the Internet, candy, fried foods, music, pants, hand sanitizer, fast food, meat, talking trash, movies, reading, junk food, sit ups, cursing, road rage...

Comments

Popular Posts